Monday 27 June 2011

Bikini Diet for Business

Most people that know me don't think of me as competitive. I'm quite level headed and sometimes appear laid back, but the truth is I'm a quiet Exocet missile, when I lock on to something nothing is going to stop me.

Why am I rambling on about this? Well recently my wife and daughter decided that they were going on a diet to get into the Bikini for the summer. After much jibing by me, they made some throw-away comment about not understanding and never having been on a diet, so I threw down the gauntlet and found myself on the Ducan diet. 
This is ridiculous as I don't need to go on a diet, but I just couldn't resist the challenge. And I don't even have a bikini.

I've been on this damm diet for a month, eating no carbs and lots of protein, given up on countless great dinners and been off the booze for a month. Even my favourite Malbec collection is gathering dust!.
What kind of fool am I ?

The more I've been on it, the more determined I have become, I don't even need to be on a bloody diet and in just 4 weeks I've lost 1 Stone in weight!!  (or 7 kg if you're metric)

Why the hell are you writing a blog on this Gary, after all whats the point you are making I hear you ask.
The point is this.

Get something that get's your goat, something that drives you, get challenged, or just find something that gives you a burn in your business or personal life, you will be surprised how much you can accomplish.

Too many people either don't finnish what they start or worse still don't start......yet, 

Ill start on Monday ??!!

The diet thing is a small and insignificant example, but it got me thinking.

I try to live my life in this way, being driven by my own motivation. Life is too short.

What's yours?

Bring on the next challenge!!!
and a plate of triple chocolate Ice Cream

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment, much appreciated.
Best Regards
Gary